In 1946, John Bernard Synk founded Superior Tool and Die Company on Superior Avenue in Cleveland, Ohio. Eventually, he began specializing in tools for the roll forming industry. John’s son, John Patrick Synk, began working at the company in 1958.
Superior operated as a tool and die shop until the early 1970s when it began producing not just tooling for its customers but custom roll formed components as well. The company changed its name to Superior Roll Forming and started producing collecting plates for electrostatic precipitators, which remove particulate from coal-fired generating plants, fueling new growth that necessitated a move to a larger 34,000-square-foot plant in Independence, Ohio.
By the early 1980s, Superior Roll Forming concentrated on custom roll forming applications and entered the home fitness and office furniture industries. In 1987, Superior landed its first automotive industry account. Tim and Kevin Synk, the third generation of the family, purchased the business from their father in July 1992 and moved into a 70,000-square-foot building in Valley City, Ohio.
In the past decade, the Synk brothers have transformed Superior Roll Forming into a world-class organization. Today, the fourth generation of the Synk family proudly carries on the tradition of Superior Roll Forming excellence. Three brothers – Michael, James and Andrew – take the same path as their predecessors, all with the same focus, attention and ambition to go beyond.